This overnight adventure provides the opportunity for those short on time to explore Uluru and Kata Tjuta by flying directly into and out of Ayers Rock Resort. Travel in an air-conditioned four-wheel-drive and absorb the fascinating information of the area and its people provided by your experienced guide – all of this while travelling with other active travellers from all over the world.
All about the 3 Day 4WD Goanna Dreaming Red Centre Tour
This four wheel drive safari tour is an authentic outback adventure for you with permanent camping. You will be on tour with a maximum of 21 people in a purpose built 4-wheel drive vehicle. Experience the wonders of Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) and Watarrka (Kings Canyon), we'll give you the opportunity to really experience the desert - driving on dirt roads, private bush camps, eating quality food cooked over a campfire and sleeping under the clearest southern stars you can imagine.
Real Aussie Adventures is about adventure and getting involved. We don’t define by age but our trips are quite active. We get travelers from all over the world, people traveling by themselves, couples and groups. This tour is ideal for family groups, with children over 5 years old.
On this tour walking and hiking in Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon needs a good level of fitness.
Uluru: Moderate level of fitness required. The base walk is on flat ground.
Kata Tjuta: Good level of fitness required. Walking on uneven surface required to complete the Valley of the Winds walk
Kings Canyon: Good level of fitness required for a four-hour walk around the canyon’s rim.
3 Day 4WD Goanna Dreaming Red Centre Tour Itinerary - 3 days
Alice Springs or Ayers Rock to Uluru
It's an early pick up from your accommodation in Alice Springs as we head south through Waterhouse and James Ranges. First stop is at a Camel Farm for a break and a camel ride if you're keen (own expense). At Mount Ebenezer Roadhouse you can view or purchase Aboriginal artifacts. On the way to Uluru view Atila (Mount Connor), not to be confused with Uluru, the first significant rock formation of the trip. For those commencing the tour at Uluru, we will collect you from the Outback Pioneer Hotel or the airport.
After a stop for lunch and our arrival at the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, we travel to the base of Uluru where your guide will lead you on an interpretive walk, hearing of the Aboriginal law and religion (Tjukurpa). Continuing on, we meet our local Aboriginal Guide who will provide a once in a lifetime authentic Indigenous cultural experience sharing stories and passing on their traditional methods of painting that plays an important part in the sustainability of Aboriginal Culture. Starting with a walk to the cave paintings near Mutitjulu Waterhole, at the base of Uluru, be guided by the Anangu hearing stories of this unique landscape and the connection between the art, culture and the connection to the land. We conclude at the Cultural Centre, where you may explore the displays and learn about the flora and fauna of this unique area.
This evening you can tick Uluru at sunset off your bucket list. Our viewing area is well away from the crowds, complete with sparkling wine and nibbles. It's a great time to kick back and contemplate the day and the vastness of the desert. Then we will settle in at our remote private camp, complete with our Endless Star dining experience before retiring to your swag under the amazing night sky or your comfortable safari tent complete with beds. (L*D)
Uluru to Kings Creek Station
Get up early to view the sunrise over Uluru and Kata Tjuta from near your campsite before driving to Kata Tjuta for a walk through the ‘Valley of the Winds’. After a brief stop at the Ayers Rock Resort it’s time to head to Kings Creek Cattle Station to our remote and private campsite, complete with bush toilet and shower. The camp has stunning views out over the George Gill Ranges and gives you a real feel for the outback. Experience a campfire dinner with new friends and another night out under the stars. (BLD)
Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
This morning take a guided walk to see the towering walls, crevices and plateaus of Watarrka (Kings Canyon). Visit the Amphitheatre, the Lost City, and the tranquil ‘Garden of Eden’. The drive back to Alice Springs is via a typical outback dirt road. You’ll arrive at your Alice Springs hostel/hotel in the early evening and everyone will usually all meet later for a meal and drinks. (BL)
|Tour code: W03|
Permanent twin-share tent with full linen (per person)
Permanent single tent with full linen
National park fee local payment
Departs Daily except for 1 January
Alice Springs 6.00am
Outback Pioneer 1.00pm
Ayers Rock Airport 12.55pm
Important NotesThings you need to know about this tour
- *Those booking the 15.10 pick up from AYQ Airport will not have time to complete a full base walk of Uluru and will miss the Cultural Centre visit. A shorter walk of Uluru is still possible when arriving at this time.
- If joining at Ayers Rock Resort or Airport, you will do so after lunch. Please be dressed in comfortable walking clothing and footwear, have a water bottle, hat and sunscreen handy.
- ^ Most tents at our camps are twin share, however, some triple share tents are available for families with children under 18. These cannot be pre-booked and are allocated on a first come first served basis. In the event where a triple tent is unavailable and an odd-numbered family is traveling with children under 18, one parent/guardian will need to share a twin tent with the child and the other guardian share a tent with another passenger of the same sex
- Single travelers choosing the standard twin adult fare will be paired in a tent with another customer of the same gender.
- Single travelers choosing the more expensive single tent fare receive a guaranteed single permanent tent during the safari. As we do not always travel at capacity, some guests may be given a single tent without supplement on location. No refund is given for those who have paid the single option in these circumstances. Additionally, for those that have chosen single pricing and choose to sleep in a swag, no refund is offered for the single pricing paid.
- Customers beginning their tour in Alice Springs are permitted to bring 10kg of luggage in a soft bag, with the remainder stored at their Alice Springs accommodation. Customers beginning at Ayers Rock have a luggage limit of 23kg per person + a small carry-on daypack. Please, no hard-shell or plastic suitcases. Please pack the items you will need for the trip in the daypack to avoid having to access your main bag frequently.
- Travel insurance is recommended.
- National Park fees: Customers are required to pay their $25 per person National Park fee to their guide on departure. National Park fee discounts may apply to seniors, children, and families.
- This tour requires a certain level of participation from guests. This may include assisting and cleaning afterward with the preparation of meals, collecting firewood and sweeping out tents.
Family and Friends Fare. Save 5%. Book four or more family and/or friends on any 3, 4 or 5 Day Top End or Red Centre Safari and receive a 5% discount from the published rate. Not combinable with any other offer. Booking must be made in a single transaction on the same product. Discount may be lost if a passenger cancels. Contact us for more information.
Similar Tours to 3 Day 4WD Goanna Dreaming Red Centre Tour
This three-day adventure offers a value for money Red Centre experience featuring private campsites. Travel in an air-conditioned minibus and absorb the fascinating information of the area and its people provided by your experienced guide - all of this while travelling with other fun loving and active travellers from all over the world ... and of course you will hike, climb and explore Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon.
Special now on! This tour is perfect for those wanting to start and finish a tour at Ayers Rock and still see the main three icons of the Red Centre - Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon - while also spending a night in the Outback township of Alice Springs. Those flying into Alice Springs can start their tour in the early morning of day one and fly out of Ayers Rock after lunch on day four.
This 4 day camping tour takes in the highlights of Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and Watarrka (Kings Canyon) and also travels by the Mereenie Loop road for a night in the West MacDonnell Ranges at Glen Helen to see more of the stunning Central Australian landscape.
Currently on Special! This is the ultimate 5 Day 4WD Central Australia adventure safari. You’ll tour Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), Watarrka (Kings Canyon), and the West MacDonnell Ranges but more importantly, get to truly experience the Outback in an authentic way - camping at a remote private bush camp, driving on dirt tracks and visiting the *Oak Valley Aboriginal Community. Oak Valley is an inspirational community boasting an olive plantation, Aboriginal rock carvings and paintings and an ancient fossil field.
This Northern Territory tour package includes three day Red centre tour to see Uluru (Ayers Rock), the Olgas and Watarrka (Kings Canyon, before a free day in Alice Springs and then departing for a three day tour through the Northern Territory to Darwin. On the tour up to Darwin we take in the Devils Marbles, Mataranka Hot Springs and Katherine Gorge.
A Northern Territory outback adventure tour. This 10 day journey offers a value for money Northern Territory, Red Centre to the Top End, experience with loads and loads of inclusions. Enjoy 9 days of guided touring, 21 meals, 6 nights camping, 3 nights budget accommodation and all of this while travelling with other fun loving and active travellers from all over the world. See sunset and sunrise at Uluru, hike Kings Canyon, see the Devils Marbles and Katherine Gorge on your way to Darwin. Then take 3 days to experience the wondrous waterfalls of Kakadu and Litchfield National Park.
This tour package combines two four-wheel-drive safaris with an overland mini-bus adventure to capture the beauty and ruggedness of the amazing Northern Territory. In between your camping safaris you will spend sleep in included hostel accommodation in Alice Springs and Darwin.
Experience the wonders of Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta and (Kings Canyon), we'll give you the opportunity to really experience the desert - driving on dirt roads, avoiding the crowds and sleeping at our remote private bush camps. Our 4-day tour from Ayers Rock or Alice Springs finishing in Ayers Rock.