23% Off for 6 days only. Book before November 30. This pass is on special! Book before 16 November! Travel all the way from Cairns to Sydney down the east coast of Australia hopping off and on where you like on the route. Stay overnight in the Rainforest, Airlie Beach for Whitsunday Islands sailing trips, Noosa for the outstanding beach, Brisbane and the surf town of Byron Bay before heading to Sydney via Spot X Surf Camp where you can hop off to stay longer and learn to surf.
All about the Cam Pass - Cairns To Brisbane Hop On Hop Off Tour
Travel Cairns to Brisbane on this East coast tour pass. Hop On / Hop Off means maximum freedom and flexibility. Customize your East Coast adventure to your liking and needs. It is up to you whether you can manage the coast in three weeks or three months. Together with many other travelers from all over the world, you will discover the East Coast in your own way.
Loka is an innovative and fun way to travel the East Coast of Australia for those that want to be flexible, get the best insight and information and get off the beaten track to see unique things as well as take in all the main attractions Australia’s Coastline has to offer.
You’ll experience flexible, fully guided travel by minibus and by train (between Cairns and Gympie) and unique Loka Inclusions.
Loka offers travelers a different, unique and affordable way to check out the best spots on the coast with like minded people that all share the same dream, to have the time of their lives!
Transport by minibus and Train (between Cairns and Gympie)
Friendly, informative tour guide
Access to Loka app
Once you have purchased your pass we will send you your Loka Login Details by email, you can then use the Loka App or Login on the Loka Website to book your travel.
This pass is on special! Book before 16 November!
Cam Pass - Cairns To Brisbane Hop On Hop Off Tour Itinerary - 7 days
Cairns (via Tully and Townsville) - Magnetic Island
MEET: at Nomads Cairns, Gilligans or Cairns train station (please confirm prior to departure).
We travel by train south to Townsville, getting in around mid-afternoon and then take the ferry out to tropical ‘Maggie Island’. There is much to explore on the island, as nearly 50% of it is National Park with amazing beaches and abundant wildlife. Note: You have the option to hop off in Tully along the way and take part in Loka’s exclusive Indigenous Rainforest Experience (operates TUES/THU/SAT).
SLEEP: YHA Bungalow Bay or your choice of Magnetic Island accom.
Magnetic Island (via Townsville) - Airlie Beach
MEET: at YHA Bungalow Bay reception or at the ferry terminal (please confirm).
In the morning your guide will join you on the Forts walk, otherwise you can do some exploring, check out the local wildlife park or just relax by the pool. In the afternoon we travel back to the mainland on the ferry, then jump on the train to Proserpine, with a transfer to Airlie Beach arriving approx. 7pm. Note: Depending on which day you depart, you may have a free day to spend on Magnetic Island.
SLEEP: Your choice of Airlie accom*, you can book via the Loka web app
We have a full day in Airlie Beach for activities or to relax. There are great 1-3 day sailing adventure options around the Whitsunday Islands that you can do.
SLEEP: Your choice of Airlie accommodation*.
Airlie Beach - Emu Park (Special Stop)
MEET: outside Base backpackers.
We have most of the day free in Airlie and then in the early evening, we transfer to the train and travel to Rockhampton. We hop off the train in the early morning with a quick transfer to the cool, little coastal town of Emu Park. Today you can choose from options to relax at the resort, check out the local crocodile farm, go on a turtle-spotting walk, or head to the tropical paradise Great Keppel Island. Note: Depending on the day you arrive you may have an extra day in Emu Park.
SLEEP: Emu’s Beach Resort $35 per night quad share room.
Emu Park - Rainbow Beach
MEET: at Emus Beach reception
We begin the day with an early morning bus transfer to the train. We travel to Gympie then jump on the Loka bus to Rainbow Beach. Rainbow Beach is a departure point for Fraser Island and has a beautiful beach to chill on, or we recommend walking up to Carlo Sand Blow with your guide for sunset or sunrise.
SLEEP: Your choice of Rainbow Beach accom*. You can book this via the Loka web app.
Rainbow Beach (via Noosa) — Brisbane
MEET: across the road from Frasers on Rainbow/Dingos hostels.
We travel in our own Loka bus through Noosa where you have the option to hop off, then we express down to Brisbane where we drop you off in the city centre.
SLEEP: Your choice of Brisbane accom*. You can book this via the Loka web app.
|Tour code: CAM|
SPECIAL! Book before 16 November 2017.
Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays from Cairns.
Minimum Time: 8 days
Important NotesThings you need to know about this tour
- You can break your journey at any of the stops through any of the travel days and just connect with a later Loka bus or rail departure (guided or unguided). You can book your own accommodation or your guide will book it for you, you will usually get a bed-only option (averaging $28 per person per night), a twin/double option (averaging $100 per room) or where, due to remoteness food has to be included, a bed and food option.
- Travel passes are valid for travel in one direction over a route with each travel sector only being able to be used once.
- Passes are valid for the person whose name they were originally issued in and are non-transferrable.
- Passes are valid for twelve months from the date of your departure.
- Travel is in 24 seat mini coaches between Sydney and Noosa, and local bus and train (plus ferry to Magnetic Island) between Noosa and Cairns.
- Guides travel on all routes on the set departure days – but you can travel on the train on other days without a guide.
- You can only access the unique transfers and activities when travelling with the guide.
- There is a minimum of three departures per week over all routes.
- For specific departure days and times please see the Loka timetable on the pass pages.
- Accommodation and meals are not included in the pass price.