Special offer now on. Travel south from Cairns to Brisbane taking in the highlights of the East Coast, stopping at Airlie Beach to go visit the Whitsunday Islands and relaxing on the beach at Noosa. Hop off and back on again on this route traveling with a guide by bus and train.
All about the Trev Pass - Cairns To Sydney Hop On Hop Off Tour
Our most popular Cairns to Sydney hop on hop off pass here at Real Aussie Adventures.
Loka is an innovative and fun way to travel the East Coast of Australia for those that want to be flexible, get the best insight and information and get off the beaten track to see unique things as well as take in all the main attractions Australia’s Coastline has to offer.
You’ll experience flexible, fully guided travel by minibus and by train (between Cairns and Gympie) and unique Loka Inclusions.
Loka offers travellers a different, unique and affordable way to check out the best spots on the coast with like minded people that all share the same dream, to have the time of their lives!
Transport by minibus and Train (between Cairns and Gympie)
Friendly, informative tour guide
Access to Loka app
Country Campout experience*
*Loka has unique locations where local fees apply
Once you have purchased your pass we will send you your Loka Login Details by email, you can then use the Loka App or Login on the Loka Website to book your travel.
Trev Pass - Cairns To Sydney Hop On Hop Off Tour Itinerary - 10 days
Cairns (via Tully and Townsville) - Magnetic Island
MEET: at Nomads Cairns, Gilligans or Cairns train station (please confirm prior to departure).
We travel by train south to Townsville, getting in around mid-afternoon and then take the ferry out to tropical ‘Maggie Island’. There is much to explore on the island, as nearly 50% of it is National Park with amazing beaches and abundant wildlife. Note: You have the option to hop off in Tully along the way and take part in Loka’s exclusive Indigenous Rainforest Experience (operates TUES/THU/SAT).
SLEEP: YHA Bungalow Bay or your choice of Magnetic Island accom.
Magnetic Island (via Townsville) - Airlie Beach
MEET: at YHA Bungalow Bay reception or at the ferry terminal (please confirm).
In the morning your guide will join you on the Forts walk, otherwise you can do some exploring, check out the local wildlife park or just relax by the pool. In the afternoon we travel back to the mainland on the ferry, then jump on the train to Proserpine, with a transfer to Airlie Beach arriving approx. 7pm. Note: Depending on which day you depart, you may have a free day to spend on Magnetic Island.
SLEEP: Your choice of Airlie accom*, you can book via the Loka web app.
We have a full day in Airlie Beach for activities or to relax. There are great 1-3 day sailing adventure options around the Whitsunday Islands that you can do.
SLEEP: Your choice of Airlie accommodation*.
Airlie Beach - Emu Park (Special Stop)
MEET: outside Base backpackers.
We have most of the day free in Airlie and then in the early evening we transfer to the train and travel to Rockhampton. We hop off the train in the early morning with a quick transfer to the cool, little coastal town of Emu Park. Today you can choose from options to relax at the resort, check out the local crocodile farm, go on a turtle-spotting walk, or head to the tropical paradise Great Keppel Island. Note: Depending on the day you arrive you may have an extra day in Emu Park.
SLEEP: Emu’s Beach Resort $35 per night quad share room or activity/accom package.
Emu Park - Rainbow Beach
MEET: at Emus Beach reception
We begin the day with an early morning bus transfer to the train. We travel to Gympie then jump on the Loka bus to Rainbow Beach. Rainbow Beach is a departure point for Fraser Island and has a beautiful beach to chill on, or we recommend walking up to Carlo Sand Blow with your guide for sunset or sunrise.
SLEEP: Your choice of Rainbow Beach accom*. You can book this via the Loka web app.
Rainbow Beach - Noosa/Brisbane/Gold Coast - Byron Bay
MEET: across the road from Frasers on Rainbow/Dingos hostels.
We travel in our own Loka bus through Noosa, Brisbane and Gold Coast, with pick-ups and drop offs. We stop for a walk at the Queensland/NSW border crossing at Danger Point to stretch our legs, and check out the view of one of Australia’s best surf spots Snapper Rock, before heading onto our night stop at Australia’s coolest surf town, Byron Bay.
SLEEP: Your choice of Byron Bay accom*. You can book this via the Loka web app.
Explore, learn to surf, party or relax and take in the laidback, hippy vibe. We recommend taking a walk to the lighthouse to view the Australian mainland’s most easterly point.
SLEEP: Your choice of Byron Bay accom*.
Byron Bay - Spot X Surf Camp - Sydney
MEET: at the main bus stop on Jonson St or Arts Factory hostel (please confirm).
We travel to Sydney via Spot X Surf Camp. Hop off if you want to learn to surf or just hang by the beach. We then express down to Sydney getting in early evening with drop offs to selected Sydney central hostels.
SLEEP: Your choice of Sydney accom*. We drop off outside Wake Up (by Central Station) and Nomads.
|Tour code: TREV|
Important NotesThings you need to know about this tour
- You can break your journey at any of the stops through any of the travel days and just connect with a later Loka bus or rail departure (guided or unguided). You can book your own accommodation or your guide will book it for you, you will usually get a bed-only option (averaging $28 per person per night), a twin/double option (averaging $100 per room) or where, due to remoteness there is a package price for meals food and activities where applicable.
- Travel passes are valid for travel in one direction over a route with each travel sector only being able to be used once.
- Passes are valid for the person whose name they were originally issued in and are non-transferrable.
- Passes are valid for twelve months from the date of your departure.
- Travel is in 24 seat mini coaches between Sydney and Noosa, and local bus and train (plus ferry to Magnetic Island) between Noosa and Cairns.
- Guides travel on all routes on the set departure days – but you can travel on the train on other days without a guide.
- You can only access the unique transfers and activities when travelling with the guide.
- There is a minimum of three departures per week over all routes.
- For specific departure days and times please see the Loka timetable on the pass pages.
- Accommodation and meals are not included in the pass price.